• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promised Compensation not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DCBeans

my daughter was selected as a model for a fashion show in NYC. We received TWO emails with notification of the designer she was walking for, as well as a statement that said a $250 model bag would be given as compensation for participation. After much hassle (emails, phone calls, etc) for a month after the show ended, we finally received the "bag" in the mail - it had a total value of $20 (if even that), with stuff that could be picked up in any retail store counter (discount coupons, Avon book), a t-shirt, and the thin printed canvas bag itself. I have been trying to work with the sponsors for the show as well as the agency that we signed with before the auditions. No one is responding anymore....and there are SEVERAL models who did not get ANYTHING. I need to know if we can pursue this in the legal system for the compensation promised.

quincy

my daughter was selected as a model for a fashion show in NYC. We received TWO emails with notification of the designer she was walking for, as well as a statement that said a $250 model bag would be given as compensation for participation. After much hassle (emails, phone calls, etc) for a month after the show ended, we finally received the "bag" in the mail - it had a total value of $20 (if even that), with stuff that could be picked up in any retail store counter (discount coupons, Avon book), a t-shirt, and the thin printed canvas bag itself. I have been trying to work with the sponsors for the show as well as the agency that we signed with before the auditions. No one is responding anymore....and there are SEVERAL models who did not get ANYTHING. I need to know if we can pursue this in the legal system for the compensation promised.
You would have a difficult time proving that the items provided did not have the value being claimed (i.e., the cost to the organizers).

I do not see the costs to you worth the benefits that might be realized should you pursue the matter in court. I do not see that you have a solid action that guarantees success.

It could be more effective to file a formal complaint with the sponsors of the show and leave it at that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">