• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promissory Note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cyn Workman

What is the name of your state?
Minnesota

I purchased a flower shop from the original owner. I pay a monthly amount for 30 months. This promissory note is secured by the inventory and equipment. I still have 14 more payments due. The inventory and equipment is worth more than I owe.
I was mislead. The financial numbers have never been the same as their monthly numbers, they gave me a copy of their 1999 tax return and said that 2000 was even better, but was under amendment so I couldn't get a copy. My paperwork says that all information attached to be true and accurate. I don't think they are. I want to quit paying them, I want to go to an attorney and force them to get me certified copies of their tax 1999 and 2000 tax returns. Do I have to pay, do I have recourse?

If I quit paying - who pays the lease on the retail unit. My guess is I am still liable.

What a nightmare.

CRW

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">