• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

propane bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debbie kiesel

recently we got a new propane dealer,before we called and ordered propane.Now this co has been sending me bills at $400 a month after i received the first bill i asked them not to bring me any more unless i called them.now the bill is $1600 ,i never seen them put any in i never called them,i never received a meter count but they are still sending me bills.do i have to pay it?I'm from kansas

L

loku

Since you told them not to deliver any more propane after the first bill, unless you had a contract that stated otherwise, you do not owe them for subsequent deliveries. However, if this goes to court, you would possibly have trouble proving your case since it sounds like the entire transaction was oral. At any rate, I would suggest you send them a letter, saying that you cancelled their service as of (the date you told them not to deliver any more propane).

Also, I suggest you file a complaint with the Kansas Office of the attorney General Consumer Protection Division. Use the on line form at http://www.ink.org/public/ksag/contents/consumer/complaint.htm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">