• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proposal or agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grampawipe

What is the name of your state? Ohio
my mother is 82 yrs old,and has a hearing problem. on easter sunday a storm caused hail damage to many homes in her area.
i called two roofing contractors and set up times for them to visit when i could be there, for the purpose of getting estimates of costs to repair the roof. she called a third company which sent a man out on a day he was in the area, but when i wasn't there.
She allowed him to inspect the roof, which he did in about 15 minutes. He came to her door with what she thought was an estimate,and he had her sign it. there are two boxes at the top of the page, one for proposal, and the other for agreement. neither one was checked, nor was there anything said about it being a "contract". she said she signed it because she thought the guys boss needed proof he was there. a few days later he stopped by to see if she was ready to pick out colors. he left when she said she was still getting estimates, but when i called to tell their office we had chosen another company, they said she didn't cancel within the three day window, and they should get to do the job. there is nothing on the paper about a three day window. what should she do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">