• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public school breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeeperslimited

I am employed with the school district in Oklahoma as a custodian. My superintentant just called and told me that the school was going to considering a contract with a new janitorial company and gave us the option to work for this new company or losing our job. My question is will there be a breach of contract with me if they go with this other contract? Earlier in the year the school board voted to rehire me for the new year which started July 1st. I have worked a month during this new contract year, but have not yet signed a contract. Would this be considered an implied contract? Do I have any legal grounds to stand on? Would there also be grounds for breach of contract if the school does not provide equipment and supplies neccessary for doing my job and/or making me work in extreme conditions (for ex. stripping floors in an unairconditioned building when the temperatures outside are over 100*.

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">