• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Publishers' Clearing House Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BSJM

What is the name of your state? ca

FYI- My wife recently received a letter on Tri-Delta Partners letterhead stating that she had won a drawing for $48,000.00 in a contest sponsered by Publisher's Clearing House, Online gaming, and Reader's Digest. The letter said that she must respond within 15 days or forfeit the winnings. The letter said that she should cash the enclosed certified check for $2975.00 then immediately contact them for instructions on where to send the remaining money. Supposedly the enclosed check was to be taken out of her total winnings and was to be used to pay taxes and fees associated with the prize. The check was very authentic looking and even had a watermark. My wife was already talking about what she'd spend the money on while I was googling "PCH scams". Turns out the whole thing is indeed a fake. They have you deposit the check and then get your personal info before the check bounces. Then they convince you to send money to pay the lawyers that are fighting to "release" the funds which have been held up.

Don't do it! Apparently many people have send thousands of dollars in hopes of getting their money that will never come.

Just Blue

FYI- My wife recently received a letter on Tri-Delta Partners letterhead stating that she had won a drawing for $48,000.00 in a contest sponsered by Publisher's Clearing House, Online gaming, and Reader's Digest. The letter said that she must respond within 15 days or forfeit the winnings. The letter said that she should cash the enclosed certified check for $2975.00 then immediately contact them for instructions on where to send the remaining money. Supposedly the enclosed check was to be taken out of her total winnings and was to be used to pay taxes and fees associated with the prize. The check was very authentic looking and even had a watermark. My wife was already talking about what she'd spend the money on while I was googling "PCH scams". Turns out the whole thing is indeed a fake. They have you deposit the check and then get your personal info before the check bounces. Then they convince you to send money to pay the lawyers that are fighting to "release" the funds which have been held up.

Don't do it! Apparently many people have send thousands of dollars in hopes of getting their money that will never come.
Have you and wifey been living under a rock for the last 25 years??

moburkes

Ummmm. Okay. Thanks for sharing.:rolleyes:

BSJM

How rude!

Wow, Baystategirl! You are one rude individual. How was that comment about living under a rock necessary? Do you feel better now? I posted this in order to hopefully help someone else who had never heard of it before. I never did. Should I have? Have I been living under a rock because I haven't? If you have something releavant or intelligent to say then say it, otherwise you can keep your rude comments to yourself.

moburkes

While you'd like us NOT to be sarcastic, you don't get to choose who posts.

Ummmmmmmmmm, it is on the news, Dateline, 20/20, The Today Show, Good Morning America, etc that you don't EVER have to pay money to win a sweepstakes.

A rock, a cave, under a cliff - its all about the same.

fairisfair

Wow, Baystategirl! You are one rude individual. How was that comment about living under a rock necessary? Do you feel better now? I posted this in order to hopefully help someone else who had never heard of it before. I never did. Should I have? Have I been living under a rock because I haven't? If you have something releavant or intelligent to say then say it, otherwise you can keep your rude comments to yourself.
I don't know about Bay, but I certainly feel better, in fact I haven't felt this good in days.:p

P

PamiToni

BSJM, Don't bother with some of these folk, they aren't worth the sweat off your a$$. Just post what you think is helpful or if you have a question and ignore the creeps.

moburkes

BSJM, Don't bother with some of these folk, they aren't worth the sweat off your a$$. Just post what you think is helpful or if you have a question and ignore the creeps.
Oh, goodness. This is an ADVICE site. He didn't ask a question, so how can we give advice? Go somewhere.

seniorjudge

BSJM is illegal in Utah, two parishes of Louisiana, and the southern tip of Japan.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">