• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puppy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bellamayagirl

I sold a puppy over two months ago and just today was contacted to say they are going to sue me for selling them a "deformed" puppy. There was no prior contact to notify. The puppy was seen by two vets prior to going to the new home. I live in Oregon Can they sue me?

Just Blue

I sold a puppy over two months ago and just today was contacted to say they are going to sue me for selling them a "deformed" puppy. There was no prior contact to notify. The puppy was seen by two vets prior to going to the new home. I live in Oregon Can they sue me?
Yes they can sue you. Show up with your paperwork and the Vet's .

quincy

Following is a link to the Oregon "puppy lemon law." It speaks to the sale of puppies discovered after a sale to have "deformities." You can read through the law (and the previous ORS 646A.075) to see if the law applies to you and your puppy sale:

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/646A.077

When a puppy that is sold has a genetic defect, the purchaser of the puppy generally will have up to one year to report the congenital defect for a refund or, upon mutual agreement, instead of a refund there can be offered a replacement puppy or a reimbursement for the costs of veterinary care. Often congenital defects are not noticed until the puppy is older.

I agree with Blue Meanie that you should have good records on the puppy available if you are sued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">