• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puppy Lemon Law California - need Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alaizia

California - What is the name of your state?

Hello,
I would like to find advice/pro bono work in Los Angeles, CA re. Puppy Lemon Law.

I purchased in April 2005 2 puppies which were supposed to be sleve Pekingese with registration papers and great Pedigree papers.

I was told that:

A) they would grow only a a few inch and stay super small. They were 1/5 and 2 pounds when I bought them.
B) that they are healthy and not vaccinated or dewormed due to their fragile little build and age - hmmm why did he had them in the store in the first place.
C) that they are coming from a reputable breeder and personal friend
D) that the registration and pedigree papers will be there within 2-3 weeks
E) Got no help when puppies were sick - pretty much from day 1 with diareah
and blood in stool - found out next day that they both had parasites and need to be treated for 2 different parasites from 2 different vets
F) Didn't get correct informatio about the breeder - still don't have anything
G) Was told that the vaccination would only cost a few $ for both
H) Well now in August I have spend over $5000 on my promised healthy, small, super pedigree and registrated puppies - NONE was true - there both now nearly 3 times there size and weigh around 6.5 lbs.
I am still waiting for the papers, breeder info etc.
I) Told them that my husband is allergic to dogs - he told me that Peke's are hypoallergenic - nobody could confirm me that...and he is still sneezing ;-)

I am super upsad that I was taken advantage and that a pet store owner is telling this fairy tales to people and ripping me off $ 1500 per puppy alone!!!
$3000 for the puppies the rest is vet costs for vaccinations , treatments and spaying and neutering since they had nothing done!!

I don't want that others fall in the same trap - Heard from a friend that he and his friend who purchased birds from him had similar experiences and promisses about papers which never were delivered.

I hope that you can give me a tip re. pro bone lawyers and more about my rights - I checked the puppy lemon law CA and would like to proceed - but don't want to see him anymore nor deal with him in person. He costed me a lot of pain, worries and my savings! I would like to get compensated for all I went through and for the wrong price he charged me since I don't have sleve Pekingese as promised nor the rest he explained the $$ for....The puppies are used to us, we love them and we got them healthy, fixed etc.and I would never return them to this liar! But he should not just get away with that!

Please advice,
Alaizia :)

alaizia said:
California - What is the name of your state?

Hello,
I would like to find advice/pro bono work in Los Angeles, CA re. Puppy Lemon Law.

I purchased in April 2005 2 puppies which were supposed to be sleve Pekingese with registration papers and great Pedigree papers.

I was told that:

A) they would grow only a a few inch and stay super small. They were 1/5 and 2 pounds when I bought them.
B) that they are healthy and not vaccinated or dewormed due to their fragile little build and age - hmmm why did he had them in the store in the first place.
C) that they are coming from a reputable breeder and personal friend
D) that the registration and pedigree papers will be there within 2-3 weeks
E) Got no help when puppies were sick - pretty much from day 1 with diareah
and blood in stool - found out next day that they both had parasites and need to be treated for 2 different parasites from 2 different vets
F) Didn't get correct informatio about the breeder - still don't have anything
G) Was told that the vaccination would only cost a few $ for both
H) Well now in August I have spend over $5000 on my promised healthy, small, super pedigree and registrated puppies - NONE was true - there both now nearly 3 times there size and weigh around 6.5 lbs.
I am still waiting for the papers, breeder info etc.
I) Told them that my husband is allergic to dogs - he told me that Peke's are hypoallergenic - nobody could confirm me that...and he is still sneezing ;-)

I am super upsad that I was taken advantage and that a pet store owner is telling this fairy tales to people and ripping me off $ 1500 per puppy alone!!!
$3000 for the puppies the rest is vet costs for vaccinations , treatments and spaying and neutering since they had nothing done!!

I don't want that others fall in the same trap - Heard from a friend that he and his friend who purchased birds from him had similar experiences and promisses about papers which never were delivered.

I hope that you can give me a tip re. pro bone lawyers and more about my rights - I checked the puppy lemon law CA and would like to proceed - but don't want to see him anymore nor deal with him in person. He costed me a lot of pain, worries and my savings! I would like to get compensated for all I went through and for the wrong price he charged me since I don't have sleve Pekingese as promised nor the rest he explained the $$ for....The puppies are used to us, we love them and we got them healthy, fixed etc.and I would never return them to this liar! But he should not just get away with that!

Please advice,
Alaizia :)
I noticed that you said you were told these things. Did you get this in writing(contract)??

Another question....why do you feel a lawyer should take this case pro bono?? :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oooooops. I made a rare mistake. My sentence should have read - -

"I don't think you're speaking our writer's language - - Ghetto."

IAAL
I see.....why do you keep picking on me??? Because I'm black huh?? :p

Seriously....what's up with the posters these days wanting lawyers to take their cases pro bono. This isn't the first time I've seen this request.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jpritchett81 said:

MY RESPONSE: You know what they say, "If you've had Black, you'll never go back!"

Seriously....what's up with the posters these days wanting lawyers to take their cases pro bono. This isn't the first time I've seen this request.

MY RESPONSE: Ghetto dwellers only have money for dogs and 20" wheels for their SUV's.

Notice, she'll spend $5,000.00 on the dogs, and nothing for an attorney. Hmmm, I wonder if that's saying something?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
jpritchett81 said:

MY RESPONSE: You know what they say, "If you've had Black, you'll never go back!"

MY RESPONSE: Ghetto dwellers only have money for dogs and 20" wheels for their SUV's.

Notice, she'll spend $5,000.00 on the dogs, and nothing for an attorney. Hmmm, I wonder if that's saying something?

IAAL
Hmmmm......priorities are messed up. It just boggles my mind that she feels this "case" deserves the status of pro bono. When a lawyer does a case pro bono it's for the public good.....publicity. Lawyers don't go thru years of law school only to come out doing cases for free.(But of course you know that)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Yes!!

I like you, kiddo. So, I hope you know I'm just fersnizzel and bejizzling with you.

IAAL
Okay...

Lmao@us completely taking over the thread and not answering the question!!!

alaizia

Hello again...let me explain I guess a few things...

CA- LOS ANGELES

I am asking for advice - right??

...since I was adviced to check this site for FREE ADVICE I thought that somebody can point me in the right direction.

I spend my savings on my dogs to help them and DONT WANT & CAN spend right now more.

My car broke down and other things came on top of it ...so if someone asks for advice or pro bono it should be for a reason - and if there is somehting to get out of it of course it would be also for the work and time of the lawyer :) .

I work on donation bases - holistic practitioner since I know how hard it is for some people to get help when there sick and haven't put a price on my time/healing in all the time I helped people and animals. I will go on as long as I can like this and hope to continue to help on this bases. I don't want to take advantage on anybody and don't like to be taken as a fool either...that's why I am on this site to get infos from YOU Pro's - advice - :confused: since I never dealt with such an person before nor did I every buy dogs in a store - so spontaneous and spend my savings on them ;) I love them and it's done _ I just try to get even with people in a human way - want to see if I can get some of my money back for things promissed - I have my daughter and husband as witnesses that all these things where promissed etc...nothing in writing. Wonder how much my word and 2 witnesses count in case he lies about it?

sorry about the long email post...but hope that I cleard some stuff up.

I am here to get info not to waste anybodys time...I advice people left and right for free about things I learn so that they don't have to go through same missery, lose money and maybe even their health...didn't konw that asking would cause so much :eek: here...sorry if I wasn't clear about it!
Blessings,
Alaizia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">