• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puppy Remorse!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamawoman

What is the name of your state? Utah

I bought a Chow Chow yesterday at a local pet store. They had me sign some paperwork before we left. I did not read the paperwork nor did they explain anything to me. It is mentioned that there is no refund of puppy's unless they are sick.
After bringing her home I have decided that she is not the pet for my family. I have read up on them and should have before I bought her. We just fell in love with her too soon.
What options do I have? (Besides begging them to take her back)

Thanks for your time.

Veronica1228

mamawoman said:

I bought a Chow Chow yesterday at a local pet store. They had me sign some paperwork before we left. I did not read the paperwork nor did they explain anything to me. It is mentioned that there is no refund of puppy's unless they are sick.
After bringing her home I have decided that she is not the pet for my family. I have read up on them and should have before I bought her. We just fell in love with her too soon.

Thanks for your time.
Put an ad in the paper and sell the dog to someone else.

Gugan

No no no

Do not ever ever ever ever ever EVER buy a dog from a pet store, I know you probably hear this alot, and I ignored it when people told me that too. I bought an Austrilain Shepard from a petstore for $850, she is SO stupid because she is completely in-bred, we all love her very much, but she is not wired right, she walks into walls, she barks and pees at everything, etc. And then I see me friends with thses GREAT well behaved smart dogs they bought from a breeder.... I will never do that again. Plus they mainly come from puppy mills.

BelizeBreeze

mamawoman said:

I bought a Chow Chow yesterday at a local pet store. They had me sign some paperwork before we left. I did not read the paperwork nor did they explain anything to me.
And since you are an adult, why should they take on the responsibility of leading you by the hand ? it was YOUR responsibility to read what you signed.
mamawoman said:
It is mentioned that there is no refund of puppy's unless they are sick.
Standard animal purchase agreement
mamawoman said:
After bringing her home I have decided that she is not the pet for my family. I have read up on them and should have before I bought her.
That is understandable but not legallay a defense.
mamawoman said:
We just fell in love with her too soon.
I feel that way about most women until I see them in the morning.
mamawoman said:

Thanks for your time.
none except selling the puppy. You have a legally binding contract that you accepted. Learn from this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">