• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchase of a defective ATV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bonnie15734

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa. I purchased an atv for my son's 5th birthday on Feb. 4, 2013. It is a smaller one but big enough that an adult can ride with him. The first day we rode it, it didn't have the power it was suppose to have, and would barely go up a small hill. The next day it wouldn't start. Dealer said probably battery-changed it-still wouldn't run. dealer said fuse-changed it- still same. Dealer checked said he didn't know the problem. He took back to his business. I would like my money back but he is refusing. Said he would lose money. What about the money I lost. There is no guarantee this atv will keep working after he fixes it. I only had it 1 week. This is a new atv purchase.What can I do?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa. I purchased an atv for my son's 5th birthday on Feb. 4, 2013. It is a smaller one but big enough that an adult can ride with him. The first day we rode it, it didn't have the power it was suppose to have, and would barely go up a small hill. The next day it wouldn't start. Dealer said probably battery-changed it-still wouldn't run. dealer said fuse-changed it- still same. Dealer checked said he didn't know the problem. He took back to his business. I would like my money back but he is refusing. Said he would lose money. What about the money I lost. There is no guarantee this atv will keep working after he fixes it. I only had it 1 week. This is a new atv purchase.What can I do?
Do you have a buyers warranty ?

If so read it and post back the obligations and remedies.

You have to give the dealer an opportunity to try and repair it.

Obviously it did run when purchased .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">