• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchase protection - buyers remorse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Question? Can I cancel a contract I signed to purchase a used vehicle from an authorized dealership where I used my older vehicle as a down payment. Is there such a thing as buyers remorse, and if so, the time frame to return the vehicle. I purchased it last night.

racer72

Yes, there is a thing called buyer's remorse. Unfortunately for you, the laws for the right of rescission do not apply in your case. Enjoy your new vehicle.

yyarboro

Call this number

Call the office of the consumer protection division of the Washington Attorney General at 1-800-551-4636 and explain your situation to them.
You can also try calling a consumer law attorneys in your local phone book. Some will give free advice over the phone.

racer72

Call the office of the consumer protection division of the Washington Attorney General at 1-800-551-4636 and explain your situation to them.
You can also try calling a consumer law attorneys in your local phone book. Some will give free advice over the phone.
Why? Buyer's remorse is not just caused to cancel a contract. The state of Washington laws concerning the right of rescission specifically excludes new and used vehicles bought at dealers. The OP did not state there were any problems with the vehicle which really does not matter, Washington's lemon law have very tight restrictions as they apply to used vehicles. Without more info from the OP, your post is no help at all.

gordon hall

Well, Racer 72, unless you are Washington's leading authority on contract law, it will certainly not hurt the O.P. to get a second (free) opinion from a real live person, as opposed to cyperspace posters like you and me.

And as for yyarboro's post being "no help at all," neither was yours to me on the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Not only was it no help, it was factually wrong. Go back to the Small Claims Court forum and look under "Suing a Franchisee in Small Claims Court" to see how I had to educate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">