• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased New Sectional

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nurturing2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Purchased a sectional through a furniture store and was told it would have the quality and appearance of the one on their showroom. Rec'd and it was not took pictures notified sales mgr day of delivery said he would get back, never did husband met him and spoke with him, he said he would call us back and not to worry. Husband followed up with him another 4 days later and he said the manufacturer would do nothing about our issues; but we could call the furniture stores CS, called told person not in, ask for her mgr. told busy, then ask for their mgr. Spoke to their mgr. he said OK I will call manufacturer who made it and get back to us. 4 hrs later gets call and says he (mfgr) will do nothing about it. Wait, the furniture store needs to demand satisfaction for us since we purchased through them and not furniture manufacturer. Mfr. then broadcasted an email out to all the furniture stores to advise their customers of this cover issue. He admitted he knowingly knew of a problem with this cover. They want us to take what they gave us. Have pictures of their showroom sectional and our sectional..Night and day, I can assure you consumers would not be buying this. We have waited so long to buy new and now we are in a battle as to we get what we paid for or we take what they give us...Don't have money for legal fees. I have reached out to a local upholstery asking him for his professional opinion and what the cost would be to make the sectional cushions right.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Purchased a sectional through a furniture store and was told it would have the quality and appearance of the one on their showroom. Rec'd and it was not took pictures notified sales mgr day of delivery said he would get back, never did husband met him and spoke with him, he said he would call us back and not to worry. Husband followed up with him another 4 days later and he said the manufacturer would do nothing about our issues; but we could call the furniture stores CS, called told person not in, ask for her mgr. told busy, then ask for their mgr. Spoke to their mgr. he said OK I will call manufacturer who made it and get back to us. 4 hrs later gets call and says he (mfgr) will do nothing about it. Wait, the furniture store needs to demand satisfaction for us since we purchased through them and not furniture manufacturer. Mfr. then broadcasted an email out to all the furniture stores to advise their customers of this cover issue. He admitted he knowingly knew of a problem with this cover. They want us to take what they gave us. Have pictures of their showroom sectional and our sectional..Night and day, I can assure you consumers would not be buying this. We have waited so long to buy new and now we are in a battle as to we get what we paid for or we take what they give us...Don't have money for legal fees. I have reached out to a local upholstery asking him for his professional opinion and what the cost would be to make the sectional cushions right.
You may have to take it to small claims court.

Nurturing2

New Sectional

Yes, it was the same make and model as in the store, I actually have photos of the product they display and just think 1000 of people have sat on it and it looks great. Mine on the other hand looks used.

Nurturing2

New Sectional

Maybe, paid with credit card OP? When?
We could have; but decided to take advantage of 18 months, zeo finance, we have contact the bank and told them we were going to dispute; but that we would make payments, since we have WONDERFUL credit and we will not have anyone mess that up.

We also contacted a local upholstery to give his opinion; along with what the cost would be to do it right.

Nurturing2

New Sectional

Received call from local upholstery asking his opinion of our sectional, keep in mind, we do not know this person but comes with an excellent BBB report. This gentlemen looked at photos and stated that the cushions are definitely not of the quality they should be and they should have never left the manufacturer's facility. He (the upholstery) stated that when the first cushion came out looking back contact should have been made. He stated that it seems that the fabric is pulled too tight which is causing the gathering/wrinkle appearance and the chaise material was not taut enough. He did say to get a real good look was for us to bring a cushion to him and he could evaluate if we could fix them. If they could be fixed the cost to us would be $100 per cushion and $150.00 for the chaise; but here again, he said care would have to be taken when removing the foam; since he does not know what fabric house the fabric was purchased from. I said the luck of me finding out would be nil since I am waiting patiently as the CS Mgr. of this store told me to this past Friday, 3/30/12 after re-reviewing my correspondence and pictures again. My patience will be running out as of Wedn., 4/4/12. All I have been doing is chasing them. Looked at contract and it states "Seller will assist the buyer in the exercise of all factory warranties." The Seller is doing nothing but going along with the mfgr. who seems to be dictating what he will and will not do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">