• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

purchased stolen car from dealer, stuck in payments, no title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FocusOn718

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I bought a car from Thrifty Car Sales in Fairless Hills, PA.

It's financed through Consumer Portfolio Services in CA (Dealer used that Finance company, not by choice)

Since then, the dealer is under invesitgation by the PA State Police and the FBI for selling stolen cars, cars with rolled back odometers, etc.. Anything you can imagine.

I believe now the dealer is closed, and I believe the owners fled the country.

I have to pay the finance company for my car because they payed Thrifty for the car.

There is NO title to be found for the car though, Thrifty never sent it to CPS and they tried regenerating a new title but was unable to do it for whatever reason.

At this point, I know I won't get my down payment back but I just want to get out of this deal, I don't want the car anymore, etc.

What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">