• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

qt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fmquint

In the state of nevada a neighbor is billing me for services rendered to my ex spouse. Services I did not ask for or agree to. Am I liable to pay?

quincy

In the state of nevada a neighbor is billing me for services rendered to my ex spouse. Services I did not ask for or agree to. Am I liable to pay?
Are you responsible for paying for the services? Possibly. What sort of services were provided your ex-spouse by the neighbor?

quincy

Services were yard work, transportation and the like
You are going to need to provide more information, fmquint.

Was the yard work done by the neighbor for a house that you own with your ex-wife?

Is this leased property and are you and your ex-wife both on the lease? Is the neighbor also the landlord for the property?

Does your ex-wife occupy the house and are you responsible or jointly responsible for paying expenses on the house?

What sort of transportation was provided your ex-wife by the neighbor?

Why did your neighbor think that you were the proper person to bill?

Last edited:

fmquint

The home is my sole property. Ex spouse does not occupy the home transportation was of the errand variety. All in all these were things that one neighbor would normally do for another but the neighbor wants to be paid for it. Again I did not ask for these things.

LdiJ

The home is my sole property. Ex spouse does not occupy the home transportation was of the errand variety. All in all these were things that one neighbor would normally do for another but the neighbor wants to be paid for it. Again I did not ask for these things.
Did he occupy the property at the time the services were performed?

Why are you trying so hard not to tell the whole story? You will not get valid advice if you do not.

quincy

Was the yard work on your yard?

Why does the neighbor feel that you are responsible for paying for services provided to your ex-wife?

What does your ex-wife say about all this?

justalayman

Why was yard work performed on your property where your ex neither shares ownership nor resides there but somehow performed for your ex?

Your situation just isn't making s lot of sense.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Has the neighbor sued? If not, I'd give him the ex's address and be done with it.

quincy

fmquint, if you do not believe you are responsible for paying for the services performed by the neighbor for your ex-wife, you should simply hand the neighbor's bill to your ex-wife and tell her to pay the neighbor.

Why does the neighbor think you are responsible for paying the bill anyway? And what has your ex-wife said about the bill?

(I am not sure why fmquint is reluctant to provide information that can help us help him - but this reluctance is starting to make me think he can probably be held legally liable for the neighbor's bill some way, some how)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
(I am not sure why fmquint is reluctant to provide information that can help us help him - but this reluctance is starting to make me think he can probably be held legally liable for the neighbor's bill some way, some how)
...and already knows it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">