• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mary777

What is the name of your state? WI

I work for an agency that places nurse's in facilities that are short nursing staff. Upon being hired at this agency I had to sign a contract. The contract states that I could not work for any of the facilities that my current agency placed me at for at least six months after I had given my written notice.
What I want to know is this: I signed this contract. However, no one from the agency signed the contract. Is this contract legal with only my signature?
Thanks!
Mary

JETX

"I signed this contract. However, no one from the agency signed the contract. Is this contract legal with only my signature?"
*** Yes. The key is that it is binding on YOU by your signature. And without their signature, they are not bound by its terms. I would insist that they also sign a copy of the contract for your records in order to protect you in the event of their breach.

M

mary777

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply JETX.
I appreciate your imput.
Mary

Beware you could be stoned, boned, and cloned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">