• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Agreement Wording and Refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

twostep94

What is the name of your state? Colorado
--
Below is the wording of one paragraph of a 'fee agreement' that I signed a while back. We initially went to court for a 'pre-trial conference', then we went back for a 'motions hearing', and then we went one more time for what the court docket called a 'disposition hearing'. This last date was w/in one week of when trial was to begin. We did reach a deal with the DA on this last date and settle the case. Even though we were within two weeks of trial, since it was settled at a "disposition hearing", in your OPINION would I be entitled to a refund of the amount that I paid over the first fee amount (diff between trial fee NNNN and initial fee nnnn)?

"Trial level Fees: If this case is settled without a trial at a dispositional hearing or a pre-trial converence, the total fee will be $nnnn. If the case goes to trial, the total fee for representing you at the trial court level will be $NNNN, which must be paid in full prior to trial. If the case is settled before trial, but after a dispositional hearing or pre-trial conference, the fee will be between the above number depending on when the case is settled. If settled within two weeks of trial, the trial fee will be due. If the case goes to trial and ends in a mistrial, the trial fee will be due prior to the second trial."

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">