• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question of ATV sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

am1368

What is the name of your state? NC

I purchased an ATV/four wheeler for my children. Then their ages were 12 yrs. and 14 yrs. The dealership sold me this ATV knowing it was for my under age children. They knew it was for my children because they stored it for "FREE" until Christmas Eve. After about 5 months of riding it we had major motor problems. Parked it and didn't take it in for repairs because they couldn't ride it because the field they ride it in was grown up in corn. After about 5 more months we took it in because we thought it had a 1 yr. warranty but in fact it had a 6 month warranty. The service manager said " since they were unexpierenced riders the way they had been riding it caused the damage. The company that made the product even though out of warranty agreed to send a new motor free of charge but the dealership said it will cost me 490.00 for them to put it in. The dealership makes an illegal sale to me and because of the unexpierenced riders is why this ATV broke down and they are getting off scott free. I would like for them to have to buy this ATV back because the knowingly made an illegal sale to me. We have agreeed to sell it and I will have to take a loss there again!!! I am in need of legal advice!!

racer72

You have no claim. The place that sold the ATV cannot be held liable because you allow younger operators of the ATV. They cannot be held liable because you did not read your contract about the warranty. There was nothing illegal about the sale.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">