• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on Law of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nirmitblues

What is the name of your state? South Australia

hello everybody..

I am student of commerce and i am currently studding commercial and corporation law as this is one of the subject of my curriculum.
i have to do one case study. as this is completely new subject for me i need some assistance with this.

Details of case: Henry was the national chairman of handball Australia inc, and proprietor of a business which installed European handball courts.
Henry has lobbied the Australian Olympic committee and his own body. Hand ball Australia in. to send an Australian handball team to Athens. a training squad was nominated by handball Australia inc, but most players were reluctant participants due to employment commitments.

Henry gave the training squad a rousing pep talk during which he said enthusiastically, “tell you what - you to to Athens,. win a medal and i will see you get 10000$ for gold 7000$ for silver and 5000$ for bronze." inspired by Henry's rhetoric and enthusiasm, the team trained well for six months, went to Athens and won a bronze medal and the Olympics Handball competition.

At the celebrations when the handball team returned, the team surrounded Henry and asked for their $ 5000 each, Henry said “I didn’t promise anything, i didn’t intend to make any contracts. I just said that we will see and we will. i’ll see what the sponsors say." nothing was forthcoming.

This is all the details of the case. I would really appreciate If u could give me some advice and assistance.

Waiting for replies,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">