• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question: moving out of rental tomorrow. Please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DaddyofChris

Virginia. Moving tomorrow! I am a tenant of an apt. Landlord left letter on door saying that they will charge up to $25.00 if each item (tub, toilet, blinds, etc.) are not cleaned by us. Are they allowed to that? Are they legally responsible for the cleaning of the apartment? I do moveout cleaning for a living and I thoought that they are legally responible for this type of thing after a tenant moves out including cleaning of the carpets. I don't want to get charged if they say that cleaning is not up to their standards.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What does your written lease say ?

Make sure you have a "walk-through" with your landlord and, make sure you have a notepad with you, and camera or video camera (with date and time properly set up). Take lots of pictures to prove that the apartment was, at least, "broom clean" when you vacated.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">