• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions, and cocerns about a "waiver"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nev0r

Okay, first off let's start with the waiver.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I, *name*, do hereby entrust *company name* to care for my *pet* while at the kennel and agree to all terms listed below.

I authorize *company name* to do whatever they deem necessary for the health and well being of *dog* and I understand I will be responsible for all vet charges.

I hold *company name harmless and indemnified anganst any loss, damage or claim related to pet's boarding, handling or care by *company* due to illness, disease, theft, fire, death, escape, inury, harm to persons, other pets, to property or due to any cause whatsoever. The customer agrees to be solely responsible any and all acts of the dog during the terms of this agreement or until the dog has been removed from *company*, whichever comes later.

I agree to pay daily board at the *company*'s rates. If my pet requires Special Care (for geriatrics..etc) I authorize *company* to provide that care and pay for those services.

I understand *company* reserves the right to groom or bathe my dog if they deem it necessary and to charge current prices for their services (fleas, excessive odor, etc)

I agree to pay for all services requested by me. My dog will not be released until all fees for services are paid in full.

I understand that if I do not return for my dog or contact *company* within seven days after their scheduled pick up date, the *company* will consider the dog abandoned and the dog will become to property to *company. I am responsible for any charges accrued during such time.

This contract if valid from this date forward.

I have red this agreement on this date, understood its terms and singed it freely.

Signature of owner or owners agent.

Please list any other people authorized by you to pick up your pet:

Now the issue at hand.

Short version: Dog bites my girlfriends dog, bite gets infected, huge vet bills, kennel owner giving us the runaround, will go to small claims, just need to know how to approach this, and if we have a case.

Long version: The dog under their care was bitten (vet confirms it was a bite, and during the care of the kennel) The kennel upon picking up the dog acts as if nothing happens, mentions there was a "tiff" between the dog and another dog.

Days later an infection festers on his mid quarters, and he's rushed to the vet.

Confronting the kennel, we were given about 15 different stories about what possibly had happened, all the while hiding behind this waiver. He's pretty much telling me that he won't fork over a dime, and I'm gonna have to drag him into small claims. Basically on the principal that, if I knew my dog had been bitten (there was a lot of bruising around the bite, they had to have known the dog was bitten) we could have had him in the vet, 100 bucks out the door, she would've covered that. 500 dollars so far. Unacceptable.

Now that the conjecture is over (most of it..but it's conjecture)

How solid is this waiver? From what I understand, it seems the owner of the dog who bit my girlfriends dog is responsible. Trouble is there's about 15 different stories as to what dog bit her dog, or if the dog got bit, or if he ran into a "fence". If that's the case, is the kennel owner responsible? Maybe it's just optimism, but someone combing over that thing would be appreciated.

I'll be happy to answer any questions to clarify, and I appreciate the help! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">