• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racial profiling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guitarlover

In Texas.

I recently visited a large Dept. store to shop for a jacket. I think I was 'racial profiled' since a store cleark would not leave my side until I finished shopping. Also, a uniformed security guard or police officer also was following me around. I did finally buy a jacket and leave the store. But I was convinced I was the victim or racial profiling.
On coming home I did some research on the Internet about this particular dept. store and to my surprise I read that they have a notorious history of racial profiling.

Anyway, I did write to them via email asking for clarification, but got no proper answer except asking for my phone number. I also filed an online complaint with the Attorney generals office. I do not intend to sue or seek compensation, but I do want to warn other minority consumers about this dept. store. What else can I do? How can I contact the store and the mall letting them know that this kind of treatment is unacceptable?

Thanks in advance....

Last edited:

Its your word againist theirs! You were NOT detained or accussed of anything! Now what happened may be true but you were not harmed in any way! If its that big a problem shop somewhere else or is this about making a dollar! Does this happen yes sadly it does but yuo were not wronged in any way. Like I said if its that big a deal then shop elsewhere!

BelizeBreeze

In Texas.

I recently visited a large Dept. store to shop for a jacket. I think I was 'racial profiled' since a store cleark would not leave my side until I finished shopping. Also, a uniformed security guard or police officer also was following me around. I did finally buy a jacket and leave the store. But I was convinced I was the victim or racial profiling.
On coming home I did some research on the Internet about this particular dept. store and to my surprise I read that they have a notorious history of racial profiling.

Anyway, I did write to them via email asking for clarification, but got no proper answer except asking for my phone number. I also filed an online complaint with the Attorney generals office. I do not intend to sue or seek compensation, but I do want to warn other minority consumers about this dept. store. What else can I do? How can I contact the store and the mall letting them know that this kind of treatment is unacceptable?

Thanks in advance....
Racial profiling in this capacity, is not illegal. So start shopping in a different store.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">