• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radiator Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carhelp

I live in the state of Florida.

I had my radiator replaced in my car about a month ago at a small garage in North Carolina. The radiator is brand new and has a lifetime warranty, with this exclusion: "****** SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ITS PARTS, Some states do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which may vary from state to state."

The radiator (according to the dealer in Florida) was defective, causing water to leak into my transmission which destroyed the transmission. My car can't be driven without having the transmission replaced. The radiator was installed properly according to the dealer.

I now have a bill of $5400.00 to fix the transmission, the car is not under warranty.

Is it likely that the manufacturer of the radiator will pay to have my transmission replaced??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">