• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rboa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tramarn1

What is the name of your state? AL
I went to a local car dealer to purchase a new vehicle. During the course of looking at several vehicles, I made it clear to the salesperson that I wanted a new car. I found what appeared to be a new sports car that had never been driven by anyone. I am not a car dealer, mechanic, or otherwise overly knowledgeable about cars. My only knowledge about cars is what the salesperson told me. During negotiations over the price of the car, I specifically asked the salesperson if the car had ever been wrecked. He immediately and emphatically said "no". I told him that I would not purchase any vehicle that had sustained previous damage. Once again, the salesperson denied that the car had been damaged in any way. A price was agreed upon, and I drove home with my new car. Three months later, while having my oil changed, the service attendant called my attention to the fact that my front tires were almost worn out, and that I should replace the tires and have the front end aligned. I then took my car to a local tire dealer. After an inspection of the undercarriage, the service manager informed me that my car had obviously sustained severe front end damage in a collision and had been repaired, but not too well. The front end requires over $1,000 in repairs before it can be properly aligned. I immediately contacted the dealer, who refused to perform the repairs. I have decided that until this dispute is resolved I am just going to put used tires on the front, not new ones.

My questions are:
1. What cause of action, if any, do I have?
2. What possible theories of recovery do I have?
3. Who are the possible Defendants?
4. What Defenses are available to the Defendants to defend any action I may file?
5. What damages have I sustained?
6. What is the applicable statute of limitations?

djohnson

What do you have in writing? Do you have a statement from your mechanic or someone equally knowledable where they checked it out BEFORE purchasing? You would obviously know it was new or used. How many miles was on it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">