• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate new home warranties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dnk4236

What is the name of your state? Missouri.
I closed on a newly constructed home in Aug 15th 2002. It comes with a one year warranty and the heating/air system is all messed up. It works, but the air flow coming out of the floor vents makes a 10 degree difference from one end of the house to the other (apprx 65 feet). The General contractor keeps telling me he'll have it fixed. He has sent the same installer over 3 times now and nothing has improved. The General Contractor himself looked at the work and agreed it was wrong. My question is this, can I put a lien on the house he is building now so he can't get clean title when a buyer shows up, to put pressure on him to fix this correctly? Can I also request to have a heating contractor of my choice since the original contractor has no clue about his craft.
Thanks dk

HomeGuru

dnk4236 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri.
I closed on a newly constructed home in Aug 15th 2002. It comes with a one year warranty and the heating/air system is all messed up. It works, but the air flow coming out of the floor vents makes a 10 degree difference from one end of the house to the other (apprx 65 feet). The General contractor keeps telling me he'll have it fixed. He has sent the same installer over 3 times now and nothing has improved. The General Contractor himself looked at the work and agreed it was wrong. My question is this, can I put a lien on the house he is building now so he can't get clean title when a buyer shows up, to put pressure on him to fix this correctly? Can I also request to have a heating contractor of my choice since the original contractor has no clue about his craft.
Thanks dk

**A: contact Nancy at www.hadd.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">