• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Training Guarantee Not Being Honored...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

owassets

I paid nearly $20,000 for personal real estate coaching in California.

I did everything they asked me to do, yet I have not been able to close one deal.

After five months, the coach actually told me to do something illegal. (Buy a home using first time-homebuyer programs and then rent it out for income. I have a recording of the phone call.)

When I asked for a refund based on the complete failure of the program, they refused. They have a written guarantee, as well as multiple verbal guarantees in front of a class of 60 people saying "I guarantee you'll double your $20,000 investment."

Do I have a claim to get my money back?

OHRoadwarrior

As with all these pay us a fortune and get rich schemes, the devil is in the details. If you cannot find a disclaimer that applies to your situation, I suggest you Google the company along with the word "scam". You will likely find clarification of how they may have ripped you off.

Antigone*

I paid nearly $20,000 for personal real estate coaching in California.

I did everything they asked me to do, yet I have not been able to close one deal.

After five months, the coach actually told me to do something illegal. (Buy a home using first time-homebuyer programs and then rent it out for income. I have a recording of the phone call.)

When I asked for a refund based on the complete failure of the program, they refused. They have a written guarantee, as well as multiple verbal guarantees in front of a class of 60 people saying "I guarantee you'll double your $20,000 investment."

Do I have a claim to get my money back?
California is the land of litigational milk and honey. Yes you can sue. Heck you might even get a judgement. The milk and honey dries up at the collection stage.:)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Unfortunately, if the OP is trying to get ALL of the money back, it's gonna be in big-boy court. Small claims is limited to $7,500.00

OHRoadwarrior

California is the land of litigational milk and honey. Yes you can sue. Heck you might even get a judgement. The milk and honey dries up at the collection stage.:)
I was just reading about a Rich Dad who is to smart to become a Poor Dad. His marketing llc was sued for 24 million and filed for bankruptcy. Seems all the money for that company has been paid out over the years. His personal wealth, in comparison, is about 80 million now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">