• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Receivable Management Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KathyJ2

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I own a fitness club and I have a receivable mgmt co that handles my eft's. In mid February I closed the club for what I though would be for good. I refered some of my clients to an affiliate club. Howver, after being closed only 1 day I was able to secure a lease on a new building and am reopening my club. Some of my clients did go to the affiliate club for a couple of weeks. The problem I have is that the affiliate club now believes that I should have to turn my receivables over to her since some of my members used her club. I agree she should be compensated for my members that used her club for the time they used it. The problem I have is I'm not turning them all over to her they are still my customers. She is mad, she called my receivable management company and now they say they are going to withhold my receivables until I work something out with her. Can they do that, those contracts still belong to me, those are still my customers. What place does a receivable mgmt company have in getting involved in a dispute between me and another fitness club?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

KathyJ2 said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
I own a fitness club and I have a receivable mgmt co that handles my eft's. In mid February I closed the club for what I though would be for good. I refered some of my clients to an affiliate club. Howver, after being closed only 1 day I was able to secure a lease on a new building and am reopening my club. Some of my clients did go to the affiliate club for a couple of weeks. The problem I have is that the affiliate club now believes that I should have to turn my receivables over to her since some of my members used her club. I agree she should be compensated for my members that used her club for the time they used it. The problem I have is I'm not turning them all over to her they are still my customers. She is mad, she called my receivable management company and now they say they are going to withhold my receivables until I work something out with her. Can they do that, those contracts still belong to me, those are still my customers. What place does a receivable mgmt company have in getting involved in a dispute between me and another fitness club?

=================================

My response:

They're not "getting involved". All they're doing is trying to stay out of your fight, and don't know who has a right to the money. Since both of you may be making good arguments for your position, the account company is, in effect, saying to you - - "We're not going to do anything because we don't want to get sued. So, you two ladies have a court figure out your problem and we'll do what the court says. But, in the meantime, we don't know to whom we should release any monies."

So, see your local attorney.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">