• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

received a bill from buy.com 11/2 yrs later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lgarten

From Wichita Kansas

i recieved a bill from buy.com that i owed $769.00 last week. i called and told them this had to be wrong. i had lost my visa in i believe late 1999. visa said everything would be transferred, and never told me i had to tell anyone that we owed that we were to notify them. anyway, i called buy.com and then they said in looking at this bill they forgot to credit some credits, when you cancel a order. they said that i only owed $158.00. i will be recieving a statement from visa in about a week. i have ordered thousands of dollars from them in the mean time. i asked them why they had never e-mailed me or sent a bill to me, since they had just recently sent me a bill, because this bill was from 02-12-2000? they said that they couldn't get ahold of me. i find this to be absurd, since i have lived at the same address, and had the same e-mail for several years. sorry this isn't as short as should be, but i just wondered what rights i have, if any? i have good credit and don't want to ruin it for $157.00. is there any statute of limitations for billing? thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">