• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received package I didn't order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dlancep

I received a huge package from an internet store that I did not order. I was contacted about the package by the company once and they said they would send someone to pick it up. Two weeks later, I still have this space hogging package and no further contact from the company. The package has my name and my address on it so it appears to me mine.

What can I do here? Can I keep the package or charge the company for storage? I feel like I am owed something for having to deal with this situation plus store this monster sized thing for two weeks and counting.

Thanks,
Lance Peterson
Texas

F

FKNA

It's yours to keep if they do not come and pick it up. In good faith, you should contact them again and give them a time limit to pick it up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">