• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received stolen goods in trade, want my property back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stolentrailer

Kansas
I unknowingly received a stolen trailer by trading my trailer for it. The stolen trailer had been returned to the rightful owner, leaving me empty handed. I have the original purchase documents for my previous trailer and would like it back or payment for it. What is the precedent in court for this kind of situation? Is it like passing a bad check or failing to pay so the transaction is null and void and I get my property back? Or do I accept all loss for having the stolen goods in my possession last?

BL

What kind of trailer?

Since this individual was in possession of stolen property there should be/have been charges.

If so and there is a criminal case pending ,check with the DA and perhaps as part of the sentence this person will be ordered to return your trailer or pay it's worth , or as was said sue him/her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">