• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reception venue messed up...please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Hello, the reception venue we used for our wedding did not deliver what they promised - they were behind schedule, the food was very different from what they served at the tasting, and their waiting staff was very unprofessional. There's a whole list of what they did wrong. They offered us 1/3 refund but I feel that they've ruined our wedding and owe us a lot more than that. What are my rights?

Hot Topic

I assume that you have a signed contract that clearly spells out the "wedding venue's" responsibilities.

How far behind schedule were they? When was the food supposed to be served and when was it actually served?

Was the food overcooked, undercooked or just "different?" Did you eat it? Did your guests eat it? Unless the food was inedible for everyone, you're not entitled to a refund.

How was the staff "unprofessional?"

You could sue in small claims court, but no judge will rule that your wedding was "ruined" and therefore order that you get all your money back from the venue, which is what I think you want to happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">