• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refinanced Original Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

friend1234

What is the name of your state (IL.)? My husband and I purchased a car around three months ago, but today because of a heated argument from yesterday because I have not had much access to it he goes and purchases a newer car without me. My questions is what happens to the original loan and am I still responsible? Yet I had nothing to do with the signing of the newer car. :mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (IL.)? My husband and I purchased a car around three months ago, but today because of a heated argument from yesterday because I have not had much access to it he goes and purchases a newer car without me. My questions is what happens to the original loan and am I still responsible? Yet I had nothing to do with the signing of the newer car. :mad:
The car you purchased three months ago -- do you still have it? The newer car is marital property.

friend1234

Kidnapped Car

My husband drove off in the car we purchased three months ago. I have not seen it for two days we live in and have always lived in separate residence due to a subject matter I rather not discussed now, but have in the past in this forum. Therefore, he could leave at anytime and go to the other apartment with it. The problem was he wouldn't allow me access to the car many times when I needed it, and would forbid me to take it. Lastly he threaten to call the police and report it stolen if I did take it. So I have no idea if he has it or not. I am not speaking to him.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If he used the car as a trade, then he would have taken a new loan out in his name alone. Assuming that the dealership does what they are supposed to and pays off the trade, then you are done with it.
Now, if he simply purchased a new vehicle and now has two, then you are still on the hook for the first one, but not the second.

friend1234

Possible Corupt Sales People

Thanks for the replies to my question. However, something strange happen when I called the dealership about the new car; when I asked to speak with finances they immediately asked if it was me and I replied yes like they were expecting my call or knew me personally. The person on the other line asked me was I happy with the car I just purchased. They also asked if anything was wrong? My reply was, I wouldn't be responsible for any new refinancing or the other vehicle, because I didn't sign for it, additionally I was not aware of another car being purchased. Their reply was to transfer me to finances, however, the dealership did not answer, neither did they return any of my calls, or the email I sent through chat, therefore I will make a personal trip to the dealership without a car to drive. confused :confused:

swalsh411

You have problems that are way more pressing than this car loan. Why are you even married to this man you don't live with, don't communicate with, and I'm presuming have no intimacy with? That's like 0 for 3 on the benefits of marriage. :confused:

friend1234

only in the Last Three Days

We have not been in communications in the last three days. We saw each other Monday we argued that day about the car. The.following day he bought another car without my knowledge.
No, we do not live together, however this does not mean we were not intimate or slept separately from each.other most nights. There are conditions I.rather mot discuss in this forum because I.have and many of your fellow advisor did not believe a suite would follow through.
However, since that time l/we have obtain other information regarding the matter of illegal practices.However, I have not yet, settle in on sueing because of spiritual reason.
I only wanted know if I was liable because we are married yet, I wasn't there to.sign.any.agreement.? As of Monday, I did separate myself from him after years of intimacy.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
We have not been in communications in the last three days. We saw each other Monday we argued that day about the car. The.following day he bought another car without my knowledge.
No, we do not live together, however this does not mean we were not intimate or slept separately from each.other most nights. There are conditions I.rather mot discuss in this forum because I.have and many of your fellow advisor did not believe a suite would follow through.
However, since that time l/we have obtain other information regarding the matter of illegal practices.However, I have not yet, settle in on sueing because of spiritual reason.
I only wanted know if I was liable because we are married yet, I wasn't there to.sign.any.agreement.? As of Monday, I did separate myself from him after years of intimacy.
Wait. So you deleted a prior thread and wasted our time then? Now you are wasting our time again? Ridiculous.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">