• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund dispute question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

REDO0418

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I purchased an autograph for $1350.00 from a collectible store in Seattle that seemed to be reputable. Over 10 years later I had the piece authenticated only to find out that the autographs purchased were forgeries.
I have contacted the store owner and because there is a certificate of authenticity from his store on the back of the piece he is willing to give me half my money back because I can't produce a receipt.
Do I have any chance of getting all of my money back if I go to small claims court? He has a record of how much he was listing the piece for but because I don't have a receipt he can't know whether I bought it on sale or "haggled" the price down.
I do know that if the pieces were real they would be valued at the same price I purchased them for.
What would you do in this situation?

Robin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">