• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refund from hotel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kat30s

I live in California....I hope I am posting to the correct area. My husband and I made reservations at a hotel we have stayed at many times. We made reservations for the first week of June. We made a cash deposit of $800.00. due to a family crisis we had to cancel our reservations, and requested a refund today. A senior manager told us that it would be no problem, that they could either have a check waiting for us, or give us the cash, as long as we called a couple hours in advance of our arrival, and let them know we wanted cash. We talked and decided the cash refund would be the easiest, so we called back and spoke to the manager who's name we were given as a contact. When my husband spoke to her and said we wanted the cash refund, he was told that there might be cash available - no guarantee, but they could issue a check for us but not until the owner came by, and it would be at least Monday (no guarantee he would be there), until we could get it, and they didn't understand why a senior manager would tell him they could give us cash no prob. Basically what I need to know is this - we gave them $800.00 cash. Their cancellation policy only states that we have to cancel at least 4 days in advance - we cancelled 45 days in advance. How quickly do they have to refund our deposit, and in what form? We are really in dire straits and need the cash - my sonwas seriously injured and we are in desperate need of the money............. Thanks in advance. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">