• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund on nonrefundable deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Holybutts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

I made a deposit of $650 for this international volunteer program called ISV. Maybe a week after I placed the deposit, I decided I can no longer go due to financial issues. I am trying to make a dispute to get the $650 back. What can I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

I made a deposit of $650 for this international volunteer program called ISV. Maybe a week after I placed the deposit, I decided I can no longer go due to financial issues. I am trying to make a dispute to get the $650 back. What can I do?
I suspect you already know this, but here goes:

[SUB]From http://www.isvolunteers.org/terms-conditions[/SUB]
DEPOSITS
The $650.00 USD non-refundable, non-transferable deposit must be submitted with the ISV Program Agreement in order to participate on an ISV Program. The deposit will assure ISV of Participant's commitment to participate in the program and allow ISV to make the necessary arrangements and reservations. Participant's space is not confirmed until he/she submits both the Participant Agreement and the non-refundable, non-transferable $650.00 USD program deposit. Upon receipt of the completed Agreement and non-refundable, non-transferable deposit, ISV will reserve a place in a program (subject to space availability). Participant will then receive an Allocation confirmation by email which includes the assigned country, departure date and further details about the ISV Program.

At no time will any monies be transferred from one Participant's account to another. Participants with financial difficulties may contact ISV to receive instructions on ISV's payment plan for the deposit ( $325.00 USD with the Agreement and $325.00 USD within 30 days).

Holybutts

Yes I have seen that. But there are always exceptions and ways to get around, which is why I'm posting on this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">