• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund from Online Resume Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hk45USP

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi,

I used my credit/debit card to purchase an online resume service. When I decided that I did not need the service anymore, I asked for a refund. They had not begin creating my resume yet. They said they were going to refund my credit card last week. I called them this morning and the lady keeps telling me "oh well, by law we have 60 days to do the credit." I couldn't understand why she kept repeating this over and over again. I told her that they had my money and that I did not receive any product so why would they hold on to my money that long?? But she just kept saying that over and over again. Can they legally do this (hold off for 60 days) if I have not received the product??

Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">