• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gky

State: Az
Hi,
My wife signed a contract to enroll to a skin care school. She paid the $100 non refundable application fee and $1100 for the first payment of tuition. She was suppossed to start the school on 19th of April. Three days ago, she talked to an advisor and told her that she wanted to cancel her enrollment. She was told to fax a letter as a written notice to cancel her enrollment and she did. Today I called the school to find out how we can take the money back, she told me they were not able to give us the money back.
Here is what the contract says: if a student decides to cancel the enrollment within 3 days of signing the contract, all the money less the non refundable fee collected by the institute shall be refunded. If a student cancels the enrollment after 3 days of signing the contract,all the money less the non refundable fee and deposit collected by the institute shall be refunded.
I checked the contract and it shows that $1100 was not deposit, it was the first payment of tuition.

Sorry for the lengthy question, but what can I do in this situation? Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">