• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laladilita

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I signed my son up for a day camp and our plans changed suddenly and we had to cancel. The camp said that they could not offer a refund, but were willing to keep our money on account and we could use them in the future. That was last summer Unfotunately, my son is no longer interested in their camp. I called them and explained the situation and they said that they do not offer refunds. Can they keep my money indefinitely without providing me any services?

swalsh411

Do they have a published refund policy? If so, you agreed to it when you initially signed up your son.

And they did provide you a service. They held a spot open for your son (which could have been filled by another paying camper) but you decided to change your mind.

Perhapes you could donate the credit to a Church or other non-profit group so a child that is interested in going to the camp would have a chance to go, and you would get a tax deduction.

antrc170

Do they have a published refund policy? If so, you agreed to it when you initially signed up your son.

And they did provide you a service. They held a spot open for your son (which could have been filled by another paying camper) but you decided to change your mind.

Perhapes you could donate the credit to a Church or other non-profit group so a child that is interested in going to the camp would have a chance to go, and you would get a tax deduction.
Excellent suggestion. I had the mishap of not reading the fine print and was likewise stuck with travel tickets that I could not use or transfer. I donated them to a local women's shelter that was able to use them to re-locate a woman and her child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">