• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refund or replacement for a faulty product purchased online with mastercard?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redbaron12

I bought a product from a company located in Brooklyn, New Work, online and had the product shipped by them to me to Armenia.

The product was of unsatisfactory quality as it didn't function as expected. There was a lot of email exchanges between me and the company where I attached photos and videos clearly showing the problem. The company suggested a number of things to try to fix the problem, but none of them worked (and I've told them that). Lately I talked about this issue with other customers over an internet forum who had bought the same product from that company and all of them had that issue with the product.

Lately the company has stopped replying to my emails and before has ignored my email about getting a refund or replacement. They have commented that "normally" they would have the product sent back to them for inspection. Shipping the product back would cost $200 (excl. tax/customs) and take about a month.

The product cost $700 + $200 shipping.

What can I do? Can I demand a refund from them, my bank, etc. or a replacement?

BL

I bought a product from a company located in Brooklyn, New Work, online and had the product shipped by them to me to Armenia.

The product was of unsatisfactory quality as it didn't function as expected. There was a lot of email exchanges between me and the company where I attached photos and videos clearly showing the problem. The company suggested a number of things to try to fix the problem, but none of them worked (and I've told them that). Lately I talked about this issue with other customers over an internet forum who had bought the same product from that company and all of them had that issue with the product.

Lately the company has stopped replying to my emails and before has ignored my email about getting a refund or replacement. They have commented that "normally" they would have the product sent back to them for inspection. Shipping the product back would cost $200 (excl. tax/customs) and take about a month.

The product cost $700 + $200 shipping.

What can I do? Can I demand a refund from them, my bank, etc. or a replacement?
Generally , you complain to the CC Co. in a timely manner. You could always get ahold of the Office Of Attorney General-Consumer Affairs Dept. in the area of Brooklyn, New Work to see if they'd take a complaint .

What is the policy of this company's merchandise ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">