• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund Rip-Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bruneau

2 yrs. ago I had to leave the school I was attending in ohio and by the contract I only had to pay 1/2 the tuition since I only completed 1/2 of the course. I had received a loan that covered more than half of the course so I was expecting some money back. The school sent me a check and sent the loan company a check w/o either of us knowing the other was reimbursed and my balance at the school was $0.00. Now, almost 2 yrs. later, the school sent me a letter stating that they made a mistake in sending me the check for $1,000.00 and I have 90 days to pay it back before my account gets sent to a collection agency and I'll be charged an additional 30%.

If my balance was $0.00 as of April 2001 and I haven't been at the school since September 1999, can they really give me a balance now? Do I have to pay this back even though they admitted they made a mistake?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">