• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refund on tires

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seaniemac

What is the name of your state? pa

i bought tires a year ago and when my wife's car was inspected we were told she needed two new tires to pass inspection. the tires have less than 5,000 miles on them and have only a years use. the warranty is at least 25,000 miles - 40,000 miles. they will not give a refund on the remainder warranty of the tires. the owner states there is nothing he can do to help me. should they owe me the price of the tires minus depreciation?

thanks for your help. :) :

JETX

"should they owe me the price of the tires minus depreciation?"
No. If you read the paperwork when you purchased the tires, you will see that this is a pro-rated mileage warrantly. This means that they will pro-rate the unused mileage and apply that credit to a new tire purchase.

Simply, if you have 25% treadwear on a 40k mile tire, you will get 25% off the purchase of a new tire. There is no requirement that they actually refund the money (75%) to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">