• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding day care contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abcd000

Hi,
wanted to know whether the singed contract (on normal paper) of kids day care legally valid? Because, my firend's kid used to go to a day care and from day one that kid was sick. my friend decided to stop sending him to that day care, but that day have a contract agreement saying that, he have to give 2 months notice or fees.

Here my question is, if he do not give notice period /fees, then can day care file a case on him legally?

please let me know on the same.

LdiJ

Hi,
wanted to know whether the singed contract (on normal paper) of kids day care legally valid? Because, my firend's kid used to go to a day care and from day one that kid was sick. my friend decided to stop sending him to that day care, but that day have a contract agreement saying that, he have to give 2 months notice or fees.

Here my question is, if he do not give notice period /fees, then can day care file a case on him legally?

Two months notice is a LOT of notice for a daycare. I am not at all sure that would hold up.

Just Blue

Hi,

US LAW ONLY. Please give us the name of the US State you are in. Thanks!!

Silverplum

Hi,

We only do US law.

abcd000

Here are those sentences in his contract.

"If you fail to give a 60 day notice upon leaving the center or if my child never attends day care and /or attends less than 30 days, I agree to forfeit the advance payment of $400.00. This contract is valid until a sixty (60) day notice is given at the beginning of the two months prior to departure so that the full 60 days are completed."

This contract is signed on normal paper and it's singed by my friend and his wife. no one from day care signed on the same. Please let me know whether this contract holds good legally?

Thx.

Proserpina

"If you fail to give a 60 day notice upon leaving the center or if my child never attends day care and /or attends less than 30 days, I agree to forfeit the advance payment of $400.00. This contract is valid until a sixty (60) day notice is given at the beginning of the two months prior to departure so that the full 60 days are completed."

This contract is signed on normal paper and it's singed by my friend and his wife. no one from day care signed on the same. Please let me know whether this contract holds good legally?

Thx.

Given the clarification, that might just stand up in court.

sandyclaus

Thx.
I'm going to say YES, it appears to be a valid contract.

There is no payment of fees, but only a forfeit of the deposit.

It's possible that they may have had too many sudden unannounced withdrawals and this clause ensures that clients are aware of a significant penalty for doing so without sufficient notice. Yes, 60 days is a significant notice requirement, but not unheard of. I'm unaware of any specific legal limits on notice, either.

Note that schools and daycares are often human Petri dishes, known for a hotbed of germs to which clients and their families are frequently exposed. That's one reason why these facilities require current immunizations, and why little Susie or Mikey always seems to come home and infect their families with whatever is going around at the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">