• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Register'd dogs with possible cancel'd papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meezer

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Aquired a register'd pup 3 years ago......made sure the family register'd the pup correctly before releaseing any of the litter.....came from the kennel I worked at and owners were killed in a auto accidnet. I suspected this litter had more then one sire (father) and they HAD to be register'd with the multiple sire form with fee of $ 200.00 or I sugested just to let these pups go without papers as pets to be easier. They wanted to register them so I had the parents DNA'd and two of the pups DNA'd and sent to the club as "required" with this type registration process. DNA is required on all males after 7 litters lifetime so untrue DNA could show up if any are bred in the future. Only two of the 4 pups owners would do DNA so the other two of the total litter of 4 could "not" be register'd. I was told things were filed as such.....I am close freinds with the family and the sister had to get power of attorny to sign off the dogs and pups papers that left the kennel which was alot. I have recently found out the family decided to register "all" the pups normally and just put down a male on the papers which "IS" my dogs father and is correct on my papers. (mine has the unusual and rare color and markings of the one male that is her sire) One of the pups is now a stud dog used and his DNA of course did not match the DNA of the parents on record with the club. But the club never read the DNA's sent in 3 years ago because they got a normal registration for the pups and no need to read them even tho NOW they do. So it was never caught till recently when one of the pups as an adult had to have DNA again for sum reason. The club is now threatening to cancel 3 generations worth of dogs (the original litter of 4 plus all there offspring which could be 100 dogs) I am trying to work with the club and give information....it was not done intentionally,the family didn't not understand and got stuck with the paperwork and took the simpler route they thought was correct but never did tell me different. Can I be sued by owners of the 17 pups I have sold out of my dog that is in jeopardy of bein cancel'd along with her offspring ? I did nothing wrong... I have sold to a few kennels that are upset with me and there is a long trail of upset people some I fear will sue me or the original family that signed the papers incorrectly esp after bein warned they HAD to do it write.I even got them the correct forms to fill out ? Can they sue me or just go after the family ? The family says they can't sue and aren't worried and think it's dumb I am upset bout it. Sumthing bout statue of limitations ?? This will be 4 years in October of 2004 since the accident but this paper mess was just descover'd recnelty in Jan 2004. All the dogs from the original litter's offspring's owners have been notified by the club of possible cancelation so they are all waiting for an answer from the club. Can they go after me and other owners of the original 4 that were register'd wrong and have pups or used for stud ? Thanks for your time in this confuseing mess. Pam (mess is the word for it):(

Last edited:

M

meezer

ho hum

Does anybody have a clue if I can be sued if this 3 generations of dogs are cancel'd or have any idea maybe ? Have got no answer from the dog club yet on there decision and they will send letters out to all the dogs resulting from this original litter tellin them there decision. If cancel'd I fear all or several will go SUE happy and go after someone !!! I suppose the family that did the papers wrong in th first place would be one direction.....am hopein it isn't me tho.....or can buyers go after me too. I am jus tryint o prepare myself for the outcome and have a little advice. Sorry it is a long boreing story......thanks, Pam

O

oberauerdorf

One reason no one has replied is that your post is confusing as hell.

1. from whom did you purchase your dog?

2. is THIS the dog who had the litter?

3. Did you sell the litter as Registered?

4. Based on what?

M

meezer

Well there's not much of a way of gettin around it 'being confuseing'.....thought details would help but guess I made it worse.....and it's one of those deals that needs all the boreing details to understand. This is about a pup I got 3 years ago from a kennel I worked at that was disperse'd. (I worked there and they owed me money). The pup is a register'd pup and there were 4 pups total in this litter and rest were sold. There was no record written of the father.....it was obvious there were more then one father of this litter which dogs can do. Too many different people were house sitting and letting dogs out together when the owners began to travel. I made the family do a special registration for this type of situation to be safe....(otherwise the litter was non registerable)...I knew some of these pups would maybe be used for breeding... (males have to DNA'D now if bred more then 7 times lifetime)...sending in DNA from the parents and all 4 pups was required which I paid for. The club would decide thru DNA the correct fathers of each pup....all the males at the kennels DNA were on file with the club already because it had become a new law in 2000.........ok........so recently one of the pups now 3 years old had to be DNA'd for sum reason and it did not match up to the father on the papers. Here I found out the family "did not" file this special registration and did not tell me or any of the buyers of the pups. It costs $ 200.00 to do. The club does ramdon DNA's when they do inspections also....now the club may cancel the original pups of this litter of 3 years ago done incorrectly and all there offspring they have produced the past 3 years. People are upset that bought the pups resulting from this original incorrect litter and will probly sue SOMEBODY" if the club decides to cancel them all. Could be a total of 50 dogs or more !Like a bad train wreck if ya ask me. Some of the pups were sold as breeding stock to kennels ect on down this long line......we wil all be stuck with 'grade' dogs. None eligible for shows or club events or points ect or any offspring register'd ever. I am worried people I sold to will sue me....or go after the original signer of the BAD INCORRECT papers? (there was someone that got power of attorney to sign off all the dogs and pups)......"all were sold as registerd". I suppose I've not done a very good job still at explaining this.........Maybe I should just shut up.......thanks anyway and sorry for the confusion but it "IS" confuseing ! I don't want sued and am very worried !!! Pam

M

meezer

dog registration mess

Is the statute of limitations for OHIO 4 years ? Would that go in effect after the day these pups were sold (Oct. of 2000) and recieved papers almost 4 years ago (no one knew back then anything was wrong) or would the statute of limitations begin after we all found out the paperwork was done incorrectly and recieved letters of possible canelations about a month ago here in Feb. This info mite help me at least.......thanks for your time with this boreing story. Pam

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">