• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

renew add with out consulting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yma28

What is the name of your state? missouri

I have run an advertising add in the yellow pages for the past four years and they have alwase contacted me when it was time to renew. This year they just put the add in with out us even knowing. It is a good size add that is costing me about $3600 a year. I have been having trouble paying this for the past 4 or 5 months and they know this. I found my agreement that I signed with them and found a part that say they can renew this add at there own descreation. Can I do any thing about this and is it going to be worth it ( this company is a very large well know company) any help would be great.

thanks amy

HomeGuru

yma28 said:
What is the name of your state? missouri

I have run an advertising add in the yellow pages for the past four years and they have alwase contacted me when it was time to renew. This year they just put the add in with out us even knowing. It is a good size add that is costing me about $3600 a year. I have been having trouble paying this for the past 4 or 5 months and they know this. I found my agreement that I signed with them and found a part that say they can renew this add at there own descreation. Can I do any thing about this and is it going to be worth it ( this company is a very large well know company) any help would be great.

thanks amy

**A: I suggest that you post verbatim what your contract states with respect to renewal. I am 100% certain the clause does not state that the ad "can be renewed at there own descreation"

Y

yma28

there discretion

Republication:we may , at our discretion, publish your advertising in successive issues of the directory(s) on the same terms and conditions, expept that the price for the advertising will be publisher's full, standard published price, at the then applicable tates. to discontinue your adverising after the initial directory issue(s) , you must notify us in writing no later than 30 days before the close date of the next issue(s). slose date(s) will be provided upon request.

This is from the terms and conditions page on there agrement.

I was not going to cut back I was just going to scall down. why would a company do this ( i gess becouse they can) if they know your behind on your bill already. I do not have to have my add's in this phone book. I found anouther one to to use and I am ok with pulling out of this book all togeather ( except for the white pages) If needed.

Any help would be great I don't know weather to get my lawyer involved or go this on my own.

amy

Z

zappy

The only way is to close the business and disconnect the phone.......

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise....

think about it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">