• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rent to own

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcacres

What is the name of your state? Texas

I've asked this question earlier, but I forgot to mention something.
I recently dropped off a payment at a rent to own place I've dealt with for years. The amount wasn't enough to cover everything I owed, but it was enough for at least one of the items. The 'new' manager mailed it back to me and told me it wasn't enough and that I had so many days to come up with the whole amount.
I'm questioning his actions as he could have used that money on that one item. Can he legally get away with refusing my money?
thank you!

HomeGuru

mcacres said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I've asked this question earlier, but I forgot to mention something.
I recently dropped off a payment at a rent to own place I've dealt with for years. The amount wasn't enough to cover everything I owed, but it was enough for at least one of the items. The 'new' manager mailed it back to me and told me it wasn't enough and that I had so many days to come up with the whole amount.
I'm questioning his actions as he could have used that money on that one item. Can he legally get away with refusing my money?
thank you!
**A: post top your initial thread by using the post reply link on that thread.
Do not start a new thread on the same subject matter.

M

mcacres

The amount of money I sent was more than enough to cover one of the rent amounts. I'm questioning his right to refuse payment.

HomeGuru

mcacres said:
The amount of money I sent was more than enough to cover one of the rent amounts. I'm questioning his right to refuse payment.
**A: I guess you do not understand how to follow directions on this website and in your rent-to-own contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">