• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rent to own contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcacres

What is the name of your state? Texas

I dropped off a partial payment for some 'rent to own' items, and the new manager mailed it back to me and said it wasn't enough. (I had so many days to come up with a certain amount of money) My question is this: Isn't there some law about refusing payment on an account?
Thank you.

The amount of money I paid was more than the weekly payment due on one of the items

Last edited:

HomeGuru

mcacres said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I dropped off a partial payment for some 'rent to own' items, and the new manager mailed it back to me and said it wasn't enough. (I had so many days to come up with a certain amount of money) My question is this: Isn't there some law about refusing payment on an account?
Thank you.
**A: no. not in your case when you fail to make the agreed upon contracted payments and are in default.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">