• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rent-to own lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nique1

i live in pa. i am renting furniture from a rent-to own company.i pay a monthly rate,which for the last 18 months has always been due on the first of each month.they recently have a new manager and this month he said my term expired on the 23rd,and is trying to charge me a late fee.i called to discuss my account with him and he was very rude,and said if i don't have the payment in by today,or return the merchandise they were taking legal action.can they do this?i don't get paid until the 5th,and my lease states i have a 5 day grace period to pay.am i required to pay this late fee? also i have two leases,different items,one says the ownership of the property transfers to me if i rent it for 18 months, yet they are still saying it is not paid in full.i rented it march 2000. i have all my reciepts. what can i do?

N

nique1

it says the rental agreement expires on the 1st, and to renew a payment must be made before or on this date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">