• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

egriff13

What is the name of your state?My son just signed a rental lease yesterday in which he gave a check for $1000 for first month's rent and also $1500 for security & maybe last month's rent. He has changed his mind about moving from his current apartment? Can he cancel and get his money bacK? The state is New Jersey.

Dune

I would find out who is the Property Management Company of the Apt's - and call them. If he is dealing with an Independent (owned) Rental unit - that could be a totally different story...But for sure find out who the Property Management Company is and talk to them. He should have copies of what he signed - I hope. With that amount of money involved I do not believe that they would be wrongful - its not worth them going to Court over an applicant that chose to not rent at their property.
Just thoughts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">