• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rented computer with problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelh

south carolina--i rented a computer from rentway and 5 days later i had to take it in because it would freeze up after i went online. i did not get it back until 2 days later and when i brought it home, the problem still wasn't fixed. i again called them and told them that it still didn't work and they want me to take it in again. i asked them what would happen if they couldn't fix it and they told me that i could get another computer at a different price. i also asked them about a refund and they said that they can't give me a refund. i then asked if i would be getting the replacement computer at the same orice and they told me that i had to pay what the cost of the other computer was. what i want to know is can they do that? i mean, do i have to pay the difference or do they have to upgrade me to the next computer at the same price?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

angelh said:
south carolina--i rented a computer from rentway and 5 days later i had to take it in because it would freeze up after i went online. i did not get it back until 2 days later and when i brought it home, the problem still wasn't fixed. i again called them and told them that it still didn't work and they want me to take it in again. i asked them what would happen if they couldn't fix it and they told me that i could get another computer at a different price. i also asked them about a refund and they said that they can't give me a refund. i then asked if i would be getting the replacement computer at the same orice and they told me that i had to pay what the cost of the other computer was. what i want to know is can they do that? i mean, do i have to pay the difference or do they have to upgrade me to the next computer at the same price?
My response:

All you have to do is go to your computer store and purchase "Norton SystemWorks" (Norton Utitlies). It's an inexpensive utitility that will correct all the problems your computer is suffering. Easy to use and operate, Norton SystemWorks will not only take care of your current problem, but all the other problems your computer has that you aren't even aware of.

All such problems will be fixed lickity-split !

Using a computer without Norton SystemWorks is like driving a car without a seatbelt - - it just shouldn't be done.

Good luck to you, and happier computing.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">