• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repair Shop damages instead of fixes.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edos

What is the name of your state? CA

Gosh I hope some one can help.

Hello,
I'm currently dealing with a Issue. Which may or may not get resolved. The whole experience has been a nightmare.
6 months ago I had taken my motorcycle (classic) in for service. To this date the bike is not finished and Damage has been caused to the bike.

I would of pulled my motorcycle out of the shop months ago but the bike was in pieces, plus the owner assured me parts where hard to find...so I trusted him and allowed more time to go bye.

Throughout the 6 months I have not received any phone calls as of the status of my bike. It was I who made phone calls voicing my concern. Half the time no one would give me a straight answer or avoided my calls.

Now to my point: I'm afraid to take Action Now..because the bike is not in my possession and I fear they may further damage it..when they find out I'm contacting Courts or BBB. I hope within the next day to get it back...by demanding it.

My question...Can I file a claim in small claims court to dispute charges..after I receive bike..I FIRST want to get it out..to be sure it's in my good hands ...What are my Chances?

After a conversation with the shop owner he feels works was still done..He got it started.
My Problem..It took 6 months PLUS there is damage..Body Panels scratched and dented..Plus he replaced Parts because he said they needed to be replaced...but I can't get back the old parts..he lost them..and the thing is they where NEW..(Lights, Sprocket)

I feel he's jacking the price up...so when I nit pick the problems..he brings it down a little right where he wants it.

What should I do?

Thanks
Mike

BL

Any other thoughts on the subject..?
Don't you have pics of the bike in condition you describe , before taking it in ?

Receipts for the alleged new parts ?

If you want your bike get it out , the sue for your damages .

If the bike had to be taken apart anyways , they may get credit for that labor .

First try to compromise , you might get it back with all the parts , that they didn't lose .

Just say , hey look this isn't working out , bla bla bla ..... Can we work something reasonable out ?

Have you tried to find the parts they claim are hard to find . It's been 6 mos .

edos

Thanks for your thoughts.
I do have pictures..Yes
I also Have reciepts of parts that where new on the bike.

He looked for OLD parts and just replied..."Can't find them now, but there around here somewhere"

Also went in to get bike back(2days ago)..but bike was not there..they had told be it was at the Welder getting a kick stand welded on...They Broke it Off!! while the bike was over there.

They are making it hard for me to pick up...they never call me when I ask them too. and when I go over there..the boss is not there to figure out the paperwork to release it.

Very Shady place..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">