• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reply from BBB.org

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S4_B5_27T

What is the name of your state (Cali)?

I started a claim with BBB.org. So far I've gotten no where.

"The Bureau has decided to close this complaint and consider it unresolved. You have indicated that the company's response to the complaint does not settle the matter, and the BBB has determined that the company's response does not adequately address all the issues or make a good faith effort to resolve the dispute."

The Better Business Bureau

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:

Mr. Harris,

It is very unfortunate to hear of this complaint by this customer. We did so much and went above and beyond with sending out warranty's to this customer. The 1st set of turbo's that he bought from us had gone bad because of built up oil and carbon build in the exhaust system from the original turbos on the car failing. This excessive oil caused to much back pressure and heat which blew out the new bushings and seal on the center cartridge shaft on our turbos. This info and diagnoses came directly from my rebuilder after testing.

The first set of turbos were returned because I called and asked if it was possible to upgrade that set of turbos because I actually had power loss in comparison to the original turbos. My original turbos were worn out from mileage and age and it was time to change them and I decided to upgrade from K03s to K04s. The company agreed to take the chinese tubos back and charge me the difference in price to upgrade to the brand new Borg Warner K04 turbos. The first exchange was a simple exchange and that was done just fine, there was no complaint in regards to the turbos leaking or anything else...

We were more than happy to warranty the part anyways and he decided to pay the difference of $750.00 each and $500 core deposit each(which has been refunded) for the BRAND NEW OEM K04 Borg Warner turbos. I do not ship in the factory original Borg Warner boxes because there is not enough protection to ship them in and instead re-box them in my plain white double wall corrugated box that is much safer.

Fine.

(Pic's of there "plain white double wall corrugated box that is much safer.")

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vhyadv.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/ouckll.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2n6dz6b.jpg

After the last warranty everything should have been fine but the customer called us back because the right side K04 OEM turbo was now burning oil again. Now mind you with this turbo burning oil he has had three different sets of turbos (including the original on the car) all burning oil and 2 of them are from a different builder. The chances of all of these turbos duplicating the same problem is slim. So we had customer send back the OEM K04 Borg Warner turbos for inspection and noticed that the same back pressure and heat issues on the 1st one has caused this right side turbo to fail again. So obviously they never cleaned out the exhaust. The left side was tested fine. Again we stand behind our policies and even broke a few rules on this one and rebuilt the right side and cleaned up the left side under warranty and shipped these back to the customer.

My original set of turbos as already explained earlier were simply worn out, 8 years old with 140,000 (give or take) miles on it, they just needed to be replaced. It was my mistake to pick out a set of chinese turbos to replace them with. After realizing that the chinese K04 turbos do not perform as nicely as brand new probably would have buyautoparts agreed to an upgrade - I paid for the upgrade... That set of turbos which were brand new K04 Borg Warner turbos did not come in original boxes and after installation, the turbo on the passenger side of the vehicle leaked oil after 5 minutes of running the vehicle. Please keep in mind that the vehicle was still at the shop on the lift, the front bumper was still off the car... The shop was testing the turbos and trying to burn off the chemicals on the BRAND NEW stainless steel exhaust that was just put in... One of the brand new turbos was simply defective - I suppose that can happen... I am asking to exchange the defective turbo for a brand new turbo that I in fact paid for... Do not tell me that my car has a sludge problem or whatever you would like to call it, because the brand new Borg Warner turbos purchased from the shop work just fine... They don't leak and they performed so well, that I had to install a Stage 4 clutch in my car...

Our warranty policies are clearly listed on our website here: Turbocharger Warranty Information | Turbocharger Pros

I didnt use "turbochargerpros.com" either to locate or purchase. But yet "BuyAutoParts.com"

One of our most important policies we have is that we do not refund any money on installed parts, we warranty them. This policy is in place for these reasons, customer do not realize sometimes the parts that they put on there care are either 1. not the actual problem or 2. they have not fixed the root problem that caused the part to fail in the first place and continue to have the same problem until they fix this.

There was no problem with the vehicle, the original turbos were old and worn out...

AGAIN, If there is another problem with the turbos I am more than happy to have the customer ship these back to us on our shipping labels and I will take a look and test them and warranty them if needed.

The problem is that we are not talking about a simple turbo job here... The entire engine or transmission has to be removed in order to replace the turbos on a 2001 Audi S4 2.7T Quattro, it is a minimum of 20 hours in any specialty shop. I did not have the time that it would have taken me to send back the two turbos and wait for them to be warrantied to have the shop install them for me. A defective part right from the manufacturer should be replaced with a new turbo and not a turbo that was rebuilt from the same rebuilder that probably assembles the chinese turbos, because there is a huge difference in the parts that get used... I am obviously paying for the first set of chinese turbos since it was my decision to upgrade to those, all I'm asking for is at least the difference in money back for the upgrade... The defective part resulted in an engine removal for the third time because of the turbo problem, I am the one that has to pay for the labor again, again and again... Also the defective turbo caused me to cut the value of my brand new stainless steel exhaust system at least in half and I just bought it...

If you need a statement from the shop that installed the set of brand new Borg Warner turbos that I decided to upgrade to, please feel free to contact me I can provide upon request.

I have nothing to even confirm these are official brand new Borg Warner K04's that I've purchased from BuyAutoParts.com.

Thank You,
Andy - Customer Service Manager
Auto Parts - Car Parts from BuyAutoParts.com
1-888-907-7225What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CraigFL

My business is a member of the BBB. I understand your frustration but the BBB has no legal authority but only acts as a middleman when two parties can't seem to talk to try to resolve a dispute. If the business is a member of the BBB it will show them on their website as having an unresolved dispute.

They did try to help you but in my opinion, you needed to replace the exhaust to get rid of the questionable back pressure issue and make this a non-argument. Or at least get some kind of qualified expert to certify that it is a non-issue.

My last comment is that part warranties are not always easy for the customer. In your case, the cost to replace bad turbos may be unrecoverable as well a the lost time to do this if you have to send the originals back first.

S4_B5_27T

I so thank you for your reply. However I'm not really expecting too get anything out of this other than what I paid for. I honestly believe these "Borg Warner" turbo's I've paid for supposebly being brand new are in fact rebuilt. Nor do I see any logo, trademarks, let alone arriving in a original Borg Warner box's. I dont even have ANY type of paper work to confirm these are in fact "Brand New Borg Warner KO4's" that I've infact paid for. Yet once they arrive and are installed by a certified Audi/VW dealership.

Picture of my car. http://i44.tinypic.com/i1gwwj.jpg

Results in the suppose "Brand New Borg Warner KO4's" Just after 5 minutes of running. Now please keep in mind I posted up a link of my car to confirm the aftermarket rims on my vechile. Yet look what appears to be in the backround. The rims to the front end of my vechile.

YouTube - turbos smokin

They would like to put the blame on my exhaust. My exhaust was just replaced prior to all this happening.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14w53bs.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/f267hh.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/izxrep.jpg

All I would like out of this matter it what I paid for. Offical Brand New Borg Warner KO4 Turbo's.

BL

File a complaint with your local Office Of Attorney General -consumer affairs .

They have the contact person's info. to forward your complaint to .

Make sure to send along ( attach ) copies of any proofs you have .

Invoices from the brand spanking new exhaust installation along with the turbos . A notation on the invoice from the mechanic would help with their professional opinion .

jgombos

Of all the options you have, BBB is a joke. They can only get issues resolved a small fraction of the time. Most of the alternatives to BBB won't get your money back either (AG complaint, FTC complaint, ripoffreport.com complaint).

The only effective means to recover your loss is to sue them in small claims court. The hassle of filing a lawsuit is usually overstated, deterring consumers away from a good option. I would find it worthwhile to sue for $750. It's normally a simple 1 page complaint form at the court, which you take to a process server to serve. Sometimes that's all that's needed. Defendants with courtroom phobia will offer a settlement. In the worst case, you have to show up to court and state your case for a judgment. And when you win a judgment against a company, they generally pay it without much hassle (unlike individuals).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">